"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 09:59:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Solo Beatles

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Solo Beatles  (Read 1713 times)
Hourman

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 05:40:19 pm »

Count me in as another one who loved Paul for his melodies...

I'm a Wings fan, even though I can't stand songs like "Let 'Em In" and "My Love"... I always found Uncle Albert/Admiral Hawsley to have a Beatles vibe to it.

I've always loved the live version of "Coming Up" as well.

Ringo is Ringo, as someone else said... he's there for fun, so enjoy his stuff like one would cotton candy. I have some cuts off is All Starr Band CDs from way back.

John was too political and many times far too depressing for my taste. He needed McCartney's silliness to sort of lighten his mood. I do have a fond spot for "Woman" and thought his son Julian sounded so much like John that if the Beatles ever reunited, Julian should have been the one to sing his dad's stuff.

George had a great sound that apparently Peter loved when he came up with "Gone Long Gone"... HOWEVER,  I would rather take a spiked poot to the eye than have to listen to "I've Got My Mind Set On You" one more time! (Weird Al -IIRC- had a great parody of the song with "This song is 12 words long").

But of course, the sum was always greater than the parts.. as was George Martin's production work.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum