"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 20, 2024, 04:52:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Similarities between Rockabilly & Hair Metal

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Similarities between Rockabilly & Hair Metal  (Read 3847 times)
Hourman

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:08:56 pm »

Funny, I noticed more southern rock/country in the Georgia Satellite's "Keep Your Hands To Yourself", than rockabilly.

But then again, the lines sort of blur with the blues as you move along the spectrum.

I can't stand anything by Poison, so I honestly cannot say if I could hear anything in their music, because as soon as the first note comes on, I scream, "Make it stop!" and change the channel...

The thing about hair bands is how they seemed to mimic the path Kiss set in the 70s... a lot of cheesy rock anthem rock themes (i.e. "Rock And Roll All Nite") then come out with the sentimental ballad a la "Beth".

Def Leppard has personnel issues that shaped a lot of their music, coupled with their producer, John "Mutt" Lange who managed to morph their sound into sounding like other bands he produced in the past -AC/DC, Foreigner, et al.

Moving on with a one armed drummer, gave their sound a more electronic sound coupled with the other technological aspects (sampling, et al) made their sound a lot different -but often imitated (i.e. Bon Jovi)- from other arena bands.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum