"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 03:15:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Meshuggah Mel and the Moscow Maiden...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meshuggah Mel and the Moscow Maiden...  (Read 1629 times)
KATH

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 03:36:57 pm »

Okay...

Lemme preface this as I used to LOVE HIM, and would've kicked certain HORN PLAYERS outta bed in a New York Minute for him, and that it totally pisses me off that I stuck up for this PIECE OF **** PIG...But I'm not sayin' this to start a big thing...I'm seriously curious as to what people--yeah, we're ADULTS--think of this whole thing.  Because from DAY ONE with him...I've been ALL OVER THE MAP WITH IT.  So, I wanna KNOW...

WTF is UP WITH MEL GIBSON!?? SERIOUSLY.  WTF?  ummmm....this is the part THE FIRST TIME that he went to rehab and came out and became a BIG STAR...remember?  He was spittin' on Photographers...punchin' people, smokin', drinkin', ...ummm, WHY DID WE ALLOW HIM TO SLITHER UP THERE--again--or for that matter--IN THE FIRST PLACE??   Cause he's Mel and he's gorgeous?  Cause he was a good Catholic Boy from Peekshill, NY, who's family moved to Australia for his Father's job?  Cause he had 7 kids and stayed with the same woman for all those years (who wasn't much prettier than #2, so, obviously THAT doesn't bother the guy.  They knew the same card games...I DON'T KNOW.)...cause he could HAVE ANYONE...or could he?  Is he an abusive pig who finally got his KARMA?? 

...I'm STILL IN SHOCK ABOUT THE WHOLE THING...From the beginning...From GILOPOLI, MRS. SOFFEL and THE BOUNTY.(omg...insert drooling smiley.) Gorgeous, pretty damn good actor...but...umm, REALLY--WTF?

Male Menopause?  Drinkin'?  Drugs?  Bad taste in Women?  Hypocrite?  ALL THE ABOVE? OR...do you think #2 is settin' him up?  Where did the recordings come from? (have y'all heard 'em?  OMG.  I pity the man who would EVER DARE SPEAK TO ME IN THAT FASHION...Mel or not...and he better not EVER GO TO SLEEP. He'd be horribly sorry.  heh.) Do y'all think he's gonna pull a Alec Baldwin and go on THE VIEW and have a big fat piece of humble pie and fall over himself and cry and all that?? Is it a ploy?  DOES HE NEED AN OSCAR for the biggest dog and pony CAREER??  SERIOUSLY.  From the first time I heard this...way back when the DUI/Jew Rant...

At least BEFORE THAT, we could say he was misunderstood, or drunk or whatever...BUT...now he's a racist male chauvinist piece of **** pig...was he all along, and was just hidin' it really good, we soon forget, OR WAS IT JUST MEL?...And would we ever have to say this about PAUL NEWMAN?  "sigh!"

PEACE--Kath

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:45:50 pm »

Don't know, don't really care.  His private phone calls never should have been made public though.  And while what he said was off base (WAY off base) what his ex-girlfriend did-- releasing the tapes to the media was just as bad if not worse.

Didn't something similar happen with Alec Baldwin a few years back?  An answering machine message to one of his daughters in which he was rather verbally abusive was released to the media.  His career seems to have recovered (thanks largely to the short attention span of the American people).

If Mel keeps a low profile and flies under the radar for awhile chances are his career will recover.  But in the mean time he's Hollywood kryptonite.  No studio will touch him!

Since this is a music board and to get this back in the realm of music-- what do you think of the scores to his films like Braveheart, The Patriot and Apocalypto?
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 03:57:16 pm »

...Dude, it was under the silver screen forum...sorry!  If ya wanna take it off, feel free... 
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 04:03:39 pm »

...Dude, it was under the silver screen forum...sorry!  If ya wanna take it off, feel free... 

Not at all!  I believe in free speech.  I'm leaving it up.  I'm just trying to steer the discussion back to being more music oriented... If others respond and it goes in a non-music direction that's fine too.

Report Spam   Logged
Hourman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 08:25:07 pm »

I think Mel seriously pissed off the Hollywood establishment with his comments surround the Passion of the Christ, so this is all payback time.

Every embarassing thing, every dirty secret will be exposed for all to see...

I can't imagine Gibson is the only racist/sexist/anti-semetic pig in Hollywood -he's just the one that someone has chosen must be exposed.

Look at the "shock" over Al Gore's marriage ending, and then a story from a massage therapist where Gore behaves in the most boorish behavior. That doesn't just happen... he's done it before, but in the past, for whatever reason, it was swept under the rug. This time it wasn't.

I'm not trying to introduce politics into this discussion, but rather pointing out that people don't all of a sudden become pigs -it's just someone stopped cleaning up the mess.
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 10:43:34 pm »

I think Mel seriously pissed off the Hollywood establishment with his comments surround the Passion of the Christ, so this is all payback time.

Every embarassing thing, every dirty secret will be exposed for all to see...

I can't imagine Gibson is the only racist/sexist/anti-semetic pig in Hollywood -he's just the one that someone has chosen must be exposed.

Look at the "shock" over Al Gore's marriage ending, and then a story from a massage therapist where Gore behaves in the most boorish behavior. That doesn't just happen... he's done it before, but in the past, for whatever reason, it was swept under the rug. This time it wasn't.

I'm not trying to introduce politics into this discussion, but rather pointing out that people don't all of a sudden become pigs -it's just someone stopped cleaning up the mess.

Yeah, a lotta people get sick of cleanin' up messes--look at John Edward's guy; but that kind of **** goes ON BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICAL AISLE...and I don't think the Gore thing was that big of a shock...they're never together, they're living, for the most part, pretty much seperate lives...it doesn't surprise me.  

...It's entertainment. That's why I think his Mangement Company dropped him.  And granted, I don't think these actions are a FLUKE...I think this is somethin' that's been around all along(or for a long time)...but, his first wife must've got some big cash, because I haven't heard anything one way or the other out of her; and all their kids are at least teenagers(either they don't have anything to tell OR THEY'RE PETRIFIED)...married for what, 25-30 years...And maybe he's not the only one...but he's the one who keeps gettin' CAUGHT...so, either he's the only one sayin' it/gettin' caught; or the rest of the entertainment community knows to keep their collective yaps shut...or have really good lawyers/publicists, and they keep it outta the media, and out of jail, and on the front pages appologizing and goin' in and out of rehab...and in and out of courts.  oh Brother...what a mess.
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 07:36:19 am »

Yeah, a lotta people get sick of cleanin' up messes--look at John Edward's guy; but that kind of **** goes ON BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICAL AISLE...and I don't think the Gore thing was that big of a shock...they're never together, they're living, for the most part, pretty much seperate lives...it doesn't surprise me.  

...It's entertainment. That's why I think his Mangement Company dropped him.  And granted, I don't think these actions are a FLUKE...I think this is somethin' that's been around all along(or for a long time)...but, his first wife must've got some big cash, because I haven't heard anything one way or the other out of her; and all their kids are at least teenagers(either they don't have anything to tell OR THEY'RE PETRIFIED)...married for what, 25-30 years...And maybe he's not the only one...but he's the one who keeps gettin' CAUGHT...so, either he's the only one sayin' it/gettin' caught; or the rest of the entertainment community knows to keep their collective yaps shut...or have really good lawyers/publicists, and they keep it outta the media, and out of jail, and on the front pages appologizing and goin' in and out of rehab...and in and out of courts.  oh Brother...what a mess.

I remember a few years back when Tom Cruise fired his publicists and then there was his sofa-jumping incident on Oprah and his bat guano Scientology influenced remarks that had people scratching their heads about him.  I believe he inevitably hired new publicists because there hasn't been as much bad press from his neck of the woods of late and it appears he's finally started getting acting gigs again (we went awhile there with no new films from him after the sofa-jump on Oprah).

I'd argue that there's a lot more bat guano stuff going on in Hollywood that we're not hearing about due to publicists doing their job and doing it well.  But given Mel's behaviour of late (or of the last few years) I have to ask myself, if I were a publicist or PR firm would I want him as one of my clients or would I give him a wide wide berth?  Or would I take him on and charge substantially more because his image needs A LOT of work, a lot more than just about anyone else in Hollywood (some of which may or not be even more out there but we don't hear about it due to them having better publicists who keep it quiet in the first place).  It's a lot easier for a publicist to keep this stuff quiet than it is for them to try to clean things up after stuff like what Mel has been saying leaks to the press. 
Report Spam   Logged
Hourman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 08:38:13 am »

It doesn't matter how damaged the goods are, publicists in Hollywood can easily fix anything with a few good parts in film/television.

Robert Downey Jr. is a trainwreck of a person... yet he keeps getting back in films because he is so likable as an actor. Indeed, what happens is people subconsciously associate the roles one plays in film with said person's "real" character.

People used to consider Tom Arnold a joke of a human being, but when he got to play sidekick to Ah-nold in "True Lies" he began to be seen in a new light...

Of course, actors have to continue to rehabilitate their public image with juicy roles in films, but the public becomes quite forgiving when actors begin playing roles the public likes.
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 01:58:47 pm »

Yeah, ain't it the truth?  

Go out, make a total ass out of yourself, wrap your car around a tree (or down THE SAME cliff TWICE?!? umm, Charlie Sheen? We're onto ya...), go out commando in a short dress, party your ass off, get drunk, fall off your shoes, and WE'LL FIX IT.  You'll have a tearful appology, you'll do a little community service, and "The Oscar goes to..." Amazing, isn't it?  And look at the stuff WE PROBABLY NEVER KNEW ABOUT A TON OF PEOPLE.  When there was all the Black listing in the Studio System back in the day, we ALL KNOW IT'S BEEN AROUND ON SOME LEVEL...ALL ALONG...So, why do people keep fallin' for it??  

...I'm justabouthisclose to being OVER Robert Downey, Jr...I know he's ridin' the wave and all, and he's SMOKIN' HOTT...and, I HOPE I'M WRONG!!--before he crashes and burns again...Just one bad day. One bad interview.  One Photographer with balls and no brain...and he's in the slammer with a picture like NICK NOLTE'S  heh.  I'm just very, TRULY thankful that I don't have a reason for a pack of those guys followin' ME around--even with the tradeoff.   Smiley

...but is it the roles, or the actor doin' 'em?  Or why do I STILL hate Tom Cruise?  I won't even give him a chance.  SOME PUBLICIST HE'S GOT.  LOL.   Don't like him, never did...no matter what he plays...no matter how acclaimed/amazing/blockbuster film he does.  Same with Tom Hanks.  (NO, I HAVEN'T SEEN FORREST GUMP.  Sue me.)

The one you forgot:  Mickey Rourke.  Cry
...I lovvvved him.  He was up there with Mel for a while...I thought he was cute, but he could ACT.  But he's out there like Pluto, man!  It's not your face, Dude; your face was fine...it's on the INSIDE.  Kiss  I hope he's happy...

The other one: Tom Sizemore.  Cry

Tom Arnold is STILL a joke...mostly because of his choices...But acting-wise, I equate him with a...Jim Belushi.  Funny Enough.  He can carry a sitcom sorta...you know.  Seen him play some good parts, but they're all kinda the same...just THAT guy.  you know the guy.  heh.  HE PLAYS 'EM ALL THE TIME.  Grin

and, weird enough, "out there like fuckin' Pluto, man!" was a LINE that was FROM LETHAL WEAPON... Undecided
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:50:06 am by KATH » Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 01:48:57 am »

I remember a few years back when Tom Cruise fired his publicists and then there was his sofa-jumping incident on Oprah and his bat guano Scientology influenced remarks that had people scratching their heads about him.  I believe he inevitably hired new publicists because there hasn't been as much bad press from his neck of the woods of late and it appears he's finally started getting acting gigs again (we went awhile there with no new films from him after the sofa-jump on Oprah).

I'd argue that there's a lot more bat guano stuff going on in Hollywood that we're not hearing about due to publicists doing their job and doing it well.  But given Mel's behaviour of late (or of the last few years) I have to ask myself, if I were a publicist or PR firm would I want him as one of my clients or would I give him a wide wide berth?  Or would I take him on and charge substantially more because his image needs A LOT of work, a lot more than just about anyone else in Hollywood (some of which may or not be even more out there but we don't hear about it due to them having better publicists who keep it quiet in the first place).  It's a lot easier for a publicist to keep this stuff quiet than it is for them to try to clean things up after stuff like what Mel has been saying leaks to the press. 
[/quote]

"Sofa-jumping incident on Oprah and his BAT GUANO SCIENTOLOGY"... Lips sealed  heh.   

Well, Mel's publicist/manager dropped him...so, there's that...but they've been MumPLUS...(well, wasn't it Lincoln who said, "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, as opposed to opening your mouth and REMOVING ALL DOUBT"?? Welllllll, I think that ship done sailed, )   And, I saw a statement (well, it was a sentence...) from Robyn Gibson, which said "He was a Great and loving Father".   Well...there's no pre-nup, so she's fixin' to come into a fortune...whether HE SAYS he's broke or not.  (so, I'd think THAT might be an incentive for her to pipe down...BUT WHO REALLY KNOWS?  I also saw they just sold a painting...THE MOST famous MAXWELL PARRISH Ever...(I was like, WOW...HE actually OWNED that?? You mean THAT'S NOT in a Museum?  Holy ****!!) for 8 million dollars...a little ridin' around cash, I guess.  heh.

...HOWEVAH...I don't 100% believe EITHER SIDE right now.  I think HE'S back on the booze...and I wouldn't wanna be in the same room with a drunk, pissed off Mel, especially when I've seen him play some REALLY SCARY CRAZY CHARACTERS.    I think SHE'S a golddigger...she has a 12-year-old with Timothy Dalton...a musical career (on HIS Record Label) that never got off the ground (her album sold UNDER 1,000 COPIES--WORLDWIDE.  LOL...wow.  That's **** POOR...worse than **** Poor!).  And, it's against the law in the State of California to not TELL SOMEONE you're recording a phone conversation...and there's a question of authenticity as well--and if that happens, there might be a motion at some point to have the tapes excluded.

And, hey, ya gotta admit--It's better than OIL--not much, though.   
Report Spam   Logged
Saxman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 11:24:12 am »

Mel, Tom, a lot of those people: not enough brains, not enough education, lucky breaks and WAY TOO MUCH $ adds up to insanity IMHO.  I hope to never see another movie starring either.

Paul Newman was mentioned?  A relative was at a race track about 10 years ago and Newman's team won.  The guy he was with was really wasted and slapped Newman on the back, congratulating him, throwing "Slap Shot" quotes at him.  Newman winced at the unwanted physical contact, shook his head and walked away.  I think that was a perfect way to handle that situation.
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 12:47:22 am »

...Okay, I must be missin' it, but I didn't see anything mentioned about Paul Newman.  And, you're right...he might've thought the dude was an ****, but it usually doesn't do ANYBODY any good arguin' with a drunk.  heh.  He HANDLED IT PERFECTLY! 

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum