"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 07:41:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Welcome!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 3648 times)
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2010, 11:45:52 am »

Welcome to Dancing About Architecture...
A place to talk about music (wouldn't Steve Martin be proud?)

First off this message board is largely a work in progress.  I'm completely open to adding new sections to the board if the interest is there-- if there's something I've missed in my initial set-up and I'm also open to removing sections of the board over time due to inactivity/lack of interest. 

As for rules, I'm a strong proponent of 2 guiding philosophies that admittedly at times challenge each other:

1.  Free speech.  It's a right and a responsibility.  You have a right to say anything you want but you also have the responsibility to have accountability for what you say. 

2.  Rule of the majority.  If a person is exercising his/her free speech so irresponsibly that a majority of the membership of the board are complaining-- much like on CBS's Survivor you can get "voted off the island."

That being said this board is for discussion of music.  And chances are if you are here you have strong feelings about some form or many different forms of music.  Luckily for us, music, unlike say politics or religion, is not that controversial a topic.

Please just be respectful of the musical tastes of others and try to stay on topic within a given section of the board. 

We're all adults and hopefully we all understand the basic tenets of proper public decorum. 

If you have any questions/concerns/ideas/suggestions/issues please feel free to send me a private message and I'll be happy to discuss things further with you.

Oh and lastly-- just have fun, enjoy yourselves, don't take things too seriously-- life's too short and this is just a message board after all.

Cheers,
Perplexio
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CelticGal

Banjos, bon gos, bagpipes, brass - I like them all

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 06:54:48 pm »

Thank you, Perp! Can anyone start threads?
Report Spam   Logged

Becky
"If you get confused, listen to the music play."  - Robert Hunter
whiteray

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 09:34:38 pm »

Thanks for doing this and for the invitation. This should be fun.
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 09:28:12 am »

Celticgal: Anyone except for "guests" can start threads.  The only criteria for starting message threads is to be logged in as a member of the board.

Whiteray: Welcome to the board!  I believe it has a lot of potential and I hope to start seeing more familiar faces on here.  I've invited several people, many for the blogging community that you and I are likely both familiar with, here to participate. 

Everyone: Feel free to pass the word along!  The more the merrier!
Report Spam   Logged
YourZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 10:44:41 pm »

Perplexio,

I found this through Music Obsessive's blog.  I though I'd jump on board and see if I can add anything worthwhile.

YourZ
Report Spam   Logged

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.  ~Confucius
Charlie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:01:13 am »

Darrin, let me just say how happy I am to have this board online. It's only a few days old and it has already had quite a bit of activity.  I haven't had this much fun on a message board, including my own, for a long, long time.
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 10:12:38 am »

Darrin, let me just say how happy I am to have this board online. It's only a few days old and it has already had quite a bit of activity.  I haven't had this much fun on a message board, including my own, for a long, long time.

Thanks for the kind words.  Unfortunately, regarding your board-- generating discussion for a band that isn't giving its fans much to discuss is a rather daunting task.  It's not an indictment against that message board or those who run it but against the band that the board was designed for the discussion of.
Report Spam   Logged
dianadadly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 07:42:41 am »

hello. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum