"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 16, 2024, 01:01:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dead Head Thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Head Thread  (Read 1754 times)
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2010, 12:03:49 pm »

I could be wrong, but didn't promoter Bill Graham (the guy largely responsible for booking these bands at the Fillmore) die in the same helicopter crash as Stevie Ray Vaughn?

Both quotes below are copied and pasted from Wikipedia.

Graham was killed in a helicopter crash near Vallejo, California on October 25, 1991 while returning home from a Huey Lewis and the News concert.

On August 26, 1990, a sold out concert of 30,000 in Alpine Valley, Wisconsin featured an encore jam with Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan and Robert Cray. On August 27, shortly before 1 a.m., a helicopter carrying Vaughan en route to Chicago crashed within seconds after takeoff.

Thanks for the correction/clarification, Charlie.  I knew they'd both died in helicopter crashes. 

Before The News, Huey Lewis was the lead singer of the Clover from 1971 until which had a bit of a following in the Bay area back in the day.  After Lewis left, Clover acted as the back-up band on Elvis Costello's debut album, My Aim Is True.  They released a couple albums in the mid-70s produced Robert John "Mutt" Lange who later came to greater fame producing Def Leppard and then marrying and producing Shania Twain.  On those albums Huey Lewis is listed as "Hughie Louis."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum