"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 18, 2024, 12:47:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

TODAY IS...JULY 13TH!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TODAY IS...JULY 13TH!!  (Read 1604 times)
sdparker7

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:33:01 am »

I remember Live Aid very well. I didn't have cable but they simulcast it on ABC or something. I woke up early that day, 6am CST or so, and started watching the British part. I basically sat on my butt all day and did nothing. I must have been supposed to help my dad do something because halfway through the afternoon, he asked me to hand over the keys to my car, which I had just got that summer. I did it. For whatever reason, it was that important. It was our Woodstock. I was 16 at the time.

I remember the Beatles rumors (Ringo + Paul + George + Julian) and thought it would have been cool. Seeing as I barely knew who the Beatles were back then, as an adult now, I'm so glad it never happened. At the time, I thought Phil stunt was cool. Now, I'd have to agree with Charlie: use the money more wisely.

Some of the performances I remember: Bowie, Paul Young, "Zeppelin," Duran Duran doing "A View to a Kill" (still the best thing about that movie), Phil, and others. At the time, since I hated Springsteen, I was okay that he wasn't there. Now, I wonder why. Ditto for Chicago.

Anyway, loved Live Aid and it holds a unique place in my own musical history. Might have to rent the DVDs just to give it another listen.

BTW, this is my first post. Looking forward to many musical musings here.

~Scott
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum