"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 02:01:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Artists You Once Loved, But Now Dislike

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artists You Once Loved, But Now Dislike  (Read 1314 times)
Saxman

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2010, 05:59:39 am »

Classic rock radio does a great job in killing the love for just about any old song, because their format is so rigid.

Skynryd up next? Let me guess: Freebird, Gimmie Three Steps, Sweet Home Alabama or What's Your Name

Eagles? Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane, Victim of Love or Take It Easy

Clapton? ****, Lay Down Sally, Layla, After Midnight (the original version) Sunshine On Your Love or White Room

Areosmith? Sweet Emotion, Dream On, Come Together, Walk This Way

and so on...

Album cuts? No way. Mellow songs? Are you kidding? Maybe the over-the-top hair band power ballads, but nothing like Lyin' Eyes, the slower, blusier version of "After Midnight" and so on.

They just play the same songs over and over and over again...

Skynyrd: I don't like em anyway as many here know, but sometimes I think I'll lose my mind if I hear that stupid riff for "Sweet Home" one more time.  When i was in a rock cover band as recently as March of this year, people would request all those songs listed above and I'd have to try not to explode, LOL! 

I worked with people around my age at my day gig who listened to classic rock and they "never get tired of those tunes!  That's the canon!  That's the greatest music ever!  I never change my radio dial!"  Hell, I didn't like most of that stuff when it was new, let alone now. 30 - almost 40 years later, when it's been drummed into the head even at the grocery store, LOL!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum