"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 06:58:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Favorite Big Band/Swing Classics/Standards

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Big Band/Swing Classics/Standards  (Read 3798 times)
KATH

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 12:29:08 am »

Ohhhhhhyeahhh...I forgot he did it, too.  Didn't he do a version of  (and I'm gonna slaughter the spelling...so, it's phonetic...) By Mir Bis Du Schayn??   Undecided  You know what I mean, right?  I know the Andrews Sisters did it, but I don't know who played it when they sang it...And...JUMP JIVE AND WAIL!!  (Brian Setzer's version is great, too!) 

...That whole Swing thing hit BIG when I worked at Harmony House the second time...(oddly enough, N&D was released in 95, IIRC--before the wave hit...)I started back there in 98; and I remember all our high school kids went to the same school (sometimes awesome, sometimes quite hellish!) were all takin' swing lessons, and they'd come in afterward and show us what they learned...We played that stuff a LOT!!  There were some really good bands at that point--Brian Setzer's Big Band, The Fabulous Swing Kings, Blue Plate Special (who played our CHRISTMAS PARTY; from Chicago, I think!) Cherry Poppin' Daddies...I can't remember any more. 

Yeah, that's what my Mom has; a Victrola...It was GRANNY'S. Cry 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum