"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 18, 2024, 09:02:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Artists I hate that everyone else seems to love

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Artists I hate that everyone else seems to love  (Read 5438 times)
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 03:58:41 pm »

...and that's cool.  I liked Weekend Warrior better.  heh. SEE?  Is it regional Bias?  Isn't it YOU who doesn't like STYX??  I'll trade ya.  LOL!!

I like some Styx but I refuse to go see the band that's currently touring under that moniker.  No Dennis DeYoung no Styx as far as I'm concerned.  The band currently touring as Styx is actually "The James Young with ocassional special guest Tommy Shaw Band"... and Tommy Shaw wasn't even an original member!  He replaced John Curliewski.

I also much prefer their 70s material over their 80s... basically everything before Kilroy Was Here... And even that I liked initially.  I think I just got over-saturated with that album as I grew older (not to mention my tastes have changed).

In the mid-90s Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades (of Night Ranger) put out an album together, Hallucination after Damn Yankees split up.  That album was/is actually pretty solid and I prefer it to the 2 Damn Yankees albums which despite the all-star line-up were a bit too over-produced for my tastes.  They were good when they first came out but their music has not aged well at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum