"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 17, 2024, 07:25:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Artists I hate that everyone else seems to love

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Artists I hate that everyone else seems to love  (Read 5429 times)
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2010, 11:52:26 am »

Well rather than just respond to others that have been posted on here-- (although I have to agree about Dave Matthews Band, I just don't get all of the fuss).  Here are the artists that I just don't care for but have large followings or are quite popular with the critics and/or have large followings:

Bruce Springsteen - other than some of his hits like Born to Run and Glory Days I just don't get the appeal.
U2 - I dig The Joshua Tree and the song Numb but other than that I just don't get all the fuss.
The Rolling Stones - I own Beggars Banquet on CD, that's it.  I've tried listening to some of their other stuff but it bores me.  Friends have tried to get me into their music but I just don't feel it at all.
Blondie - I LOATHE Rapture and only find Heart of Glass and The Tide Is High to be marginally tolerable and only in very small doses.
Radiohead - I've tried to get into them but they fall flat with me.
Rage Against the Machine - see Radiohead... similar sentiments

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum