"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 18, 2024, 01:31:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Artists I hate that everyone else seems to love

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Artists I hate that everyone else seems to love  (Read 5435 times)
KATH

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 01:45:07 pm »

...Gotta agree with a BUNCH of those!!  There's some on there I'm just like, YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT? (Springsteen and Nirvana...wow.  NO comment.) And, some people should REALLY just shut up and not sing EVER and just write amazing songs...Case in point, Bob Dylan.  Love his MUSIC...CAN'T STAND HIS VOICE. WhoTF told him he could sing?...Beethoven?? 

"Would I lie to You" had a WICKED HORN LINE.  Maybe that's why SOME of us gravitated to it, I'd bet. Wink  I prefer Annie Lennox Solo.  And, it's not like ANYONE ELSE besides Dave Stewart could've filled the bill on that gig--Annie Lennox was the draw.  Her voice is awesome.  He might've wrote some, or ALL for what I remember about Eurythmics, but I didn't NOT LIKE 'EM...I just had a few songs I liked, (hooray for 45's!!), and heard the albums--just never liked 'em ENOUGH to get the ALBUMS...with alot of other bands.  And I TOTALLY GET THE STONES...the only song I liked until I was about 26 was "Satisfaction"...and then all of a sudden, BLAM! "Paint it Black" was used on TOUR OF DUTY (remember that TV show? heh.)...and I couldn't get ENOUGH of their old stuff...and then, their newer stuff...then I saw 'em live tow or three times, and now, It's only rock and roll...but I like it.  heh. 

But then, there's like THE COUPLE SONG LOVERS...those band(s) or artist(s) that has three of four songs, tops--that you LOVE...but hate the rest?? (TED NUGENT or MOODY BLUES, ANYBODY? heh.)  Other than Cat Scratch Fever, Stranglehold, and Knights In White Satin,  WHO CARES??  I got a HUGE LIST of those songs/bands.  heh. 

Okay, here's a few that screamed at me to list them...heh.

Mariah Carey
Garth Brooks
Barenaked Ladies
Michael Bolton
The Cranberries
Elvis Presley (he might be able to be thrown on the list with Ted and Moody Blues...)
The Who (ditto...)
10,000 Maniacs
Eminem
Taylor Swift
Kraftwerk
Twisted Sister
Neil Diamond

And, last but not least...those bands that I LOVED BITD...and then at one point...I was like WTF HAPPENED to these pompous assholes??? 

U2 (up to, but not including JOSHUA TREE)
R.E.M. (up to, but not including FABLES OF THE RECONSTRUCTION)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum