"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 18, 2024, 01:09:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Forgotten Music Thursdays

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgotten Music Thursdays  (Read 900 times)
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:44:51 pm »

Several months ago blogger (not to mention board member) Scott D. Parker started a trend-- Forgotten Music Thursdays.  On the last Thursday of every month a handful of bloggers post albums/songs/musicians that have been "forgotten", "overlooked" or whatever:

For a list of all Scott's posts related to Forgotten Music Thursday's check out his blog:
http://scottdparker.blogspot.com/search/label/Forgotten%20Music

If you're interested in reading some of my Forgotten Music Thursday posts:
http://perplexio76.blogspot.com/search/label/Forgotten%20Music%20Thursday

Or Charlie's posts:
http://bloggerhythms.blogspot.com/search/label/Forgotten%20Music%20Thursdays

Tomorrow is the last Thursday of August so there will be a fresh batch of new posts/reviews to read and enjoy!  I highly reccommend checking some of the posts out.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

KATH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:14:34 pm »

So, Welcome to my Brain...I don't understand. 

So, we have to talk about stuff that's already been blogged about on those blogs listed, or, what those particular individuals (NICE SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION TO OUR IMFAMOUS Powers That Be...) just blogged about? Yes? No?  Those topics?  Our Own? 

...then there's that once a month deal.  Well, that might be **** on a WELL-KNOWN site...but, if there's under 25 people, it should be WEEKLY...If I came in (as a new person who's never been here...) and had a viable thought/post, they might not wanna wait until the next one...just sayin'.   Hell, I won't remember THIS in about 15 minutes. :|   
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:02:00 am »

So, we have to talk about stuff that's already been blogged about on those blogs listed, or, what those particular individuals (NICE SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION TO OUR IMFAMOUS Powers That Be...) just blogged about? Yes? No?  Those topics?  Our Own? 

...then there's that once a month deal.  Well, that might be **** on a WELL-KNOWN site...but, if there's under 25 people, it should be WEEKLY...If I came in (as a new person who's never been here...) and had a viable thought/post, they might not wanna wait until the next one...just sayin'.   Hell, I won't remember THIS in about 15 minutes. :|   

It's just an informational post... Whether or not you check it out is entirely up to you. 

The posts are usually new ones.  We don't mine our old posts for these.  The entries are all new.  The music being referenced can be from any period and depending on which you read it can be just about any genre.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 10:00:25 am »

Thanks  Darrin.

Kath, Darrin posted this as an in informational post only.  If you want to look at what we posted be my guest.  If not, don't.  Please feel free to post a self-serving link to something you've created and I'll read right away.
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 02:19:13 pm »

Okay...so, this is just an FYI THING?  Or am I still not gettin' this?  Undecided Sorry.  I think it's me.  Thanks for both of y'all's answers...

Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 02:35:46 pm »

Okay...so, this is just an FYI THING?  Or am I still not gettin' this?  Undecided Sorry.  I think it's me.  Thanks for both of y'all's answers...

Yes, purely FYI.  I mean you're welcome to discuss it if you want, but there's not really a lot to discuss.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum