"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 19, 2024, 05:33:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Black Country Communion

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Country Communion  (Read 1001 times)
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:00:57 pm »

Picked up the album on Tuesday... It's pretty damned good.  Glenn Hughes can still sing like no one's business!  There's definitely a 70s hard rock vibe and with Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham present the Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple influences are quite obvious. 

While I was never much a fan of Derek Sherinian's work with Dream Theater (he was my least favorite of their 3 keyboardists over the years) he's brilliant on this album!  In hindsight I think my hang-up with his work in Dream Theater was that he wasn't really the right fit-- exceptional keyboardist just not the right style for Dream Theater... He IS however the right keyboardist for Black Country Communion.

And Joe Bonamassa!  The dude can play some serious guitar and he's a decent vocalist too (he sings lead on 3 of the albums 12 songs).  I'm glad he did some vocals it mixes things up a bit.  I dig Hughes voice but it's good to get a little variety in the vocals.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum