"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 06:01:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Guess the Band/Artist

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess the Band/Artist  (Read 9819 times)
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:58 am »

--DETONATING RODENTS (for Darrin) For Darrin to get this, he needs a vital clue This would be (DETONATING SMALL RURAL CITY RODENTS)
I forget what clue we used for this one earlier, so Darrin just know that having already used a band name doesn't mean it won't come up again.

Boomtown Rats?

At least that was what I was thinking it had to be, but Kath will have to give us the answers we didn't get and I'll be wrong!! It will be something else...
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2011, 03:13:28 pm »

NO...it's not BOOMTOWN RATS.  And--sorry if I did a cover version of a clue.  I DIDN'T DO 'EM, DID I??  Sorry if I did...My brain knows not what it does at times.   Embarrassed

I thought that our Resident OZ Band man would get this! 

OKAY--does the band Exploding White Mice ring a bell?
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2011, 11:23:12 pm »

G'DAY...!!  So, it's been a while...and I'm gonna give y'all the answers...PRETTY GOOD...SEE IF YA GO "ohh yeahhhhh."  I know y'all have already got some, and GOOD JOB.  But,  I'm gonna put 'em ALL ON HERE here--if you were right, yay!!  Y'all were all around some of 'em...!

--PAINFULLY SHY GROUP----The Wallflowers
--HILARIOUS YOUNG FEMALE----Funny Girl
--PLEASE KNOCK ME OUT----I Wanna Be Sedated
--ROYAL GOVERNMENT----Parliment
--DETONATING RODENTS (for Darrin)----The Exploding White Mice
--PUMPING ORGAN AND BEING----Heart & Soul
--SELF-IMPOSED OR COURT-ORDERED CENTER----Rehab
--CARD GAME PLAYING STRATEGY----Poker Face
--OUTDOOR PUBLIC GATHERING PLACE ON THE 6TH DAY (for Mikey)----SITP
--MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER HAS RETURNED----My Boyfriend's Back
--BIG APPLE'S TIME SIGNATURE----New York Minute
--RED PIGMENTED DWELLINGS----Pink Houses
--PORT SIDE HUMAN ORGAN----Heart
--APPARITIONS ENCLOSED IN A MOVING-PART DEVICE----Ghost In The Machine
--EXTRA LARGE COLD BLOODED WATER VERTEBRATES----Reel Big Fish
--PART OF US THAT GOES ON ADORNED BY THE 19TH CHARACTER----Soul With A Capital S; by T.O.P.
--BEEFEATER BUDS----The Ginblossoms
--DIVINE BEINGS----The Angels (they sang MY BOYFRIEND'S BACK)
--NOT THE KING--YET----Prince
--CARNIVOROUS OCEAN DWELLER IN ITS NATIVE STATE----Shark In The Water; by V.V. Brown
--BABYDOLL CLAD SUBSERVIENTS MOVING RHYTHMICALLY----The Pajama Slave Dancers

HAVE FUN!!
PEACE--Kath

Okay...someone ELSE'S turn!!  I wanna PLAY, TOO.  But not for a spell; I'm gonna be REAL busy pretty much until AFTER THE SUPERBOWL (GO PACKERS!!)...so have fun, y'all...!!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 09:18:44 am »

Yeah, I would not have gotten those....Parliament , I didn't even know they had that name without the Funkadelic part in the name , so I learned something as well.

Next time it might help to separate band ones from song ones for ones like me who have less older music knowledge as I was never quite sure if I was trying to decipher a band name or song title, and believe me that makes a huge difference when racking your brain!

I do think I should get a half point for Queensryche and Hit Me with your best shot, as they fit even if they were not what you were looking for Tongue

If Darrin doesn't make a list I will later on. Maybe I'll focus on attempting clues for which more than one answer applies, that would be REALLY crazy!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:20:47 am by Poem58 » Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 09:24:23 am »

NO...it's not BOOMTOWN RATS.  And--sorry if I did a cover version of a clue.  I DIDN'T DO 'EM, DID I??  Sorry if I did...My brain knows not what it does at times.   Embarrassed

Nope, Never heard of em! Which is why my mind went to the previous Boomtown thought. What's hard for me and easier for you guys is that you guys know WAY more artists than I, especially you Kath. You seem to have a deep and diverse band knowledge. Probably why you were able to give song titles a go as well. I will try that, if I can. It might be many much more funner than just bands. Whaddya think, Album titles as well? I promise to put them into categories so you know what I am trying to go for!
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011, 09:56:15 am »

Nope, Never heard of em! Which is why my mind went to the previous Boomtown thought. What's hard for me and easier for you guys is that you guys know WAY more artists than I, especially you Kath. You seem to have a deep and diverse band knowledge. Probably why you were able to give song titles a go as well. I will try that, if I can. It might be many much more funner than just bands. Whaddya think, Album titles as well? I promise to put them into categories so you know what I am trying to go for!

She had me on this one too.  I think I might have at one point heard of this band in passing but my knowledge of them is so limited they weren't on my radar. 
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2011, 06:57:04 pm »

She had me on this one too.  I think I might have at one point heard of this band in passing but my knowledge of them is so limited they weren't on my radar. 

What's amazing to me is to notice how mainstream my lists were, yours more diverse, and Kath's WAY more sophisticated. I was in my early teens before I cared about music and couldn't afford to buy much which is why it took me probably 10 years to collect all the Chicago albums and a lot of those were gifts or copies. Actually I was still discovering music my friends listened to in the 80's as the 90's were rolling along. Funny enough, my neighbor growing up, she loved "The Outfield" so much I could say it was her "Chicago". It wasn't until a few years ago that I realized I did actually know a song by them when I heard "Your Love".
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 08:11:32 am »

What's amazing to me is to notice how mainstream my lists were, yours more diverse, and Kath's WAY more sophisticated. I was in my early teens before I cared about music and couldn't afford to buy much which is why it took me probably 10 years to collect all the Chicago albums and a lot of those were gifts or copies. Actually I was still discovering music my friends listened to in the 80's as the 90's were rolling along. Funny enough, my neighbor growing up, she loved "The Outfield" so much I could say it was her "Chicago". It wasn't until a few years ago that I realized I did actually know a song by them when I heard "Your Love".

The Outfield had killer vocal harmonies and are a joy to listen to.  I recommend checking out Big Innings: The Best of the Outfield if you enjoy Your Love a lot of their other songs are just as good.  I find them amusing too, a British band named after a reference to American baseball (the original band name actually was "Baseball")... Kind of like the Bay City Rollers back in the 70s... A Scottish Band who randomly pointed at a map of the USA to come up with their name.  The finger randomly landed on Bay City, MI. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum