"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 06:31:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Guess the Band/Artist

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess the Band/Artist  (Read 9812 times)
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 12:01:57 pm »

and I have an additional answer for

LETHAL SUBSTANCE=Anthrax  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 12:15:51 pm »

Lot's of words.

Cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Now figure out the rest!

Also funny with the Huey Clue you decided to save time by typing "Blah Blah Blah" to replace "at 11 TV" a grand savings of 6 extra letters...HA!  Roll Eyes

DUDE...that "Lot's of words" IS NOT IN MY ORIGINAL POST...go back up there and look.  NOT ME.  I might have a tube in my brain, but I would NEVER EVER PUT A POSSESSIVE IN THE WORD "LOTS" And--"blah blah blah" wasn't to use more or use less characters...I couldn't find it on the list, and couldn't remember the rest.   
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 07:32:31 am »

Lots of words was me shortening the post by not repeating you which also had a quote from me and would have taken most of a page to repeat us both when we clearly didn't need to read it again, but letting you know it was directed at you. Goofy thing I picked up somewhere else. And yes, I shouldn't have typed the ( ' ) there either. A being Tired posting mistake. I'll fix it.

I know the blah blah was just to get the post without looking it up, but usually it's to save time, I was just poking fun at it being twice as long.

As for Anthrax, yeah, it's a lethal substance , but if we were to go to those extremes in this game, even Led Zepplin is a lethal substance as eating one would kill you by Lead poisoning, eating something larger than you would blow you up, and if it landed on you it would kill you too.

For Anthrax, I would have said something like Germ Warfare Band. I'm trying to be clever, not impossible to figure out. But when a guess that also fits is used as in Led Zepplin for Football Aircraft Band, I credit it as being one I didn't think of. So no harm, but notice I will give a more helpful clue then to help get to the one I was looking for.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:45:55 am by Poem58 » Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 07:40:46 am »

Ok, I'll give the answers no one had gotten yet.

Homo-Sapian  Collection of Individuals - Human League

A pile of ashes is all that remains - After the Fire

A kiss from this band might burn your face - The Flaming Lips

Brutal Animal Young Male Humans - Beastie Boys

Football Aircraft Band - The Jets (Although Led Zepplin was accidentally correct as well)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:43:17 am by Poem58 » Report Spam   Logged
Packercracker

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 06:53:36 pm »

Led Zepplin was my thinking of the Goodyear Blimp hanging out at football games.
Report Spam   Logged
Packercracker

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »

Since I did a get a few right, I'll grab the torch here:

Awesome ****
Si
Joint Siblings
Oxygen Reserve
Naughty Brits
One who was not a casualty
Son of Rulers; or not; or yes
Midnight fearing maiden
Between shining seas
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 11:15:08 pm »

Since I did a get a few right, I'll grab the torch here:

Awesome ****
Si
Joint Siblings
Oxygen Reserve
Naughty Brits
One who was not a casualty
Son of Rulers; or not; or yes
Midnight fearing maiden
Between shining seas

Okay...

SI=Yes
JOINT SIBLINGS=Doobie Brothers
OXYGEN RESERVE=Air Supply
NAUGHTY BRITS=Bad English

...I have the MOTHA of a sinus headache, and GODZILLA (the ORIGINAL!!) is on...I'm out.
PEACE--Kath
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 09:14:09 am »

Awesome **** - Madonna (likely not what you are going for, however it is true...lol) same could be said for Cher and Courtney Love if not more...lol)

One who was not a casualty - Survivor
Son of Rulers; or not; or yes - Prince? (The Artist formerly known as Prince or as Mr. Symbol thingy)
Midnight fearing maiden - Cinderella
Between shining seas  - America

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:05:45 am by Poem58 » Report Spam   Logged
Packercracker

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 05:51:54 pm »

I thought those might have been too easy.   And even though I thought of Madonna, too, Awesome **** is Supertramp
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 07:12:38 am »

I thought those might have been too easy.   And even though I thought of Madonna, too, Awesome **** is Supertramp

I never remember this band's name. No matter what I couldn't think of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 07:55:28 am »

They're an awesome band!  I didn't get into them until long after they were popular though (about 9-10 years ago).  I especially enjoy their lyrics... they don't do that lover's lament type stuff (at least not for the most part) and their arrangements are rather intriguing. 
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 01:21:57 pm »

They're an awesome band!  I didn't get into them until long after they were popular though (about 9-10 years ago).  I especially enjoy their lyrics... they don't do that lover's lament type stuff (at least not for the most part) and their arrangements are rather intriguing. 

HELLYEAH!!  I was TOTALLY into them in Junior High/High School...and they have 4 of the VERY BEST (MY OPINION...whatever...) ALBUMS IN THE 70'S;  CRIME OF THE CENTURY-'74/CRISIS? WHAT CRISIS?-'75/EVEN IN THE QUIETEST MOMENTS-'77/BREAKFAST IN AMERICA-'79. [/b]

There's a bunch of bands like this;  Styx, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Santana, etc.,  that I got turned onto by friends who had older brothers, mostly...the same ones who let us listen to TOMMY with 'em. Wink  I also had three cousins used to hand me down A LOT OF COOL ****, too...along with Queen/CHI/Beach Boys/Elton John/Hall & Oates/Carpenters/ELO/Billy Joel/Jethro Tull/Kansas/Foreigner/Boston were my musical world at that time...And it all broke loose after High School.  heh.  As your circles change, so does your musical tastes...or, you see there's more out there than what was cool in School, or what your circle thought was cool; ahh, peer pressure. 

...and to coin a phrase--"What a long strange trip it's been..."   Grin

PEACE--Kath
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:48:35 pm by KATH » Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 02:22:12 pm »

HELLYEAH!!  I was TOTALLY into them in Junior High/High School...and they have 4 of the VERY BEST (MY OPINION...whatever...) ALBUMS IN THE 70'S;  CRIME OF THE CENTURY-'74/CRISIS? WHAT CRISIS?-'75/EVEN IN THE QUIETEST MOMENTS-'77/BREAKFAST IN AMERICA-'79. 

I'm not as keen on Even In the Quietest Moments (despite that it was recorded at the Caribou Ranch) as I was on the other 3 you mentioned.  Crisis?  What Crisis?!, despite it's lack of hits, remains my favorite by them.  I find it to be a bit more "consistent" than their other albums.  But there truly is some great stuff on both Crime of the Century and Breakfast in America as well.... Even Famous Last Words from 1983 has its moments (the song Crazy in particular).
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 03:10:37 pm »

OK, if no one else wants to, I guess I'll go again.

1. This artist has gone by 4 names and having been denied entry into the USA really knows what a wild world this really is.

2. 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound ground pork, 1/2 pound ground veal plus seasonings baked at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

3. "Analog in the sky" would be this bands competition.

4. Formerly alive political brothers.

5. Monroe Charles

6. He melts in your mouth not in your hands.

7.  If named scientifically, this bands name would mean, "Sheathed Wings" which is funny as one member must have known that when he went solo.

8. Young men who frequent alleys

9. One's love for material produced by or used in a reaction involving changes in atoms or molecules

10. This artist's name sounds like he travels on moving material, while removing a space in the spelling makes it look clearly not a movable state.

11. which is your favorite...Kandy,Kanned or on the Kob?

12. Mayberry was stunned to see the barber in such a light shade of red.

13. To Intentionally Abandon a Quintuplet

14. Uncomplicated set of intended actions

15. A canine that will pry into others affairs

Some easy some just weird, have fun!
Report Spam   Logged
Packercracker

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2010, 05:58:00 pm »

1. This artist has gone by 4 names and having been denied entry into the USA really knows what a wild world this really is.

2. 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound ground pork, 1/2 pound ground veal plus seasonings baked at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.- MEATLOAF

3. "Analog in the sky" would be this bands competition.

4. Formerly alive political brothers.- DEAD KENNEDYS

5. Monroe Charles

6. He melts in your mouth not in your hands.  EMINEM

7.  If named scientifically, this bands name would mean, "Sheathed Wings" which is funny as one member must have known that when he went solo.

8. Young men who frequent alleys  BACKSTREET BOYS

9. One's love for material produced by or used in a reaction involving changes in atoms or molecules

10. This artist's name sounds like he travels on moving material, while removing a space in the spelling makes it look clearly not a movable state.

11. which is your favorite...Kandy,Kanned or on the Kob?  KORN

12. Mayberry was stunned to see the barber in such a light shade of red.  PINK FLOYD

13. To Intentionally Abandon a Quintuplet

14. Uncomplicated set of intended actions

15. A canine that will pry into others affairs  SNOOP DOG

Okay, Kath, I left you the harder ones.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum