"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 06:25:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Guess the Band/Artist

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess the Band/Artist  (Read 9820 times)
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 08:02:15 am »

I've got 3 of the ones Packer Cracker missed... but I'm still stumped on the rest of them...

1. This artist has gone by 4 names and having been denied entry into the USA really knows what a wild world this really is. - Cat Stevens
3. "Analog in the sky" would be this bands competition. - Digital Underground
9. One's love for material produced by or used in a reaction involving changes in atoms or molecules - My Chemical Romance

Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 12:57:22 pm »

Here's what remains: Adding more to #7

5. Monroe Charles

7.  If named scientifically " (The)Coleoptera", this bands name would mean, "(The) Sheathed Wings" which is funny as one member must have known that when he went solo.

10. This artist's name sounds like he travels on moving material, while removing a space in the spelling makes it look clearly not a movable state.

13. To Intentionally Abandon a Quintuplet

14. Uncomplicated set of intended actions

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:59:37 pm by Poem58 » Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 01:39:40 pm »

One of them just came to me...

13. To Intentionally Abandon a Quintuplet - Maroon 5

Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 01:41:43 pm »

Monroe Charles=MARILYN MANSON
To intentionally Abandon a Quintuplet=MAROON 5 (??)

Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 07:18:49 am »

yep and yep, both of you got Maroon 5 during simultaneous posts, how interesting!
 The rest of the answers...

7. The scientific name Coleoptera meaning "Sheathed Wings" are Beetles. When "The Beatles" broke up Paul's new band was "Wings" coincidence? probably.

10. Flo Rida... sounds like he's ridin' the flow... (remove the space and you have an unmovable state "Florida" )

14. uncomplicated set of intended actions... Simple Plan

That was fun...next!
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2010, 03:55:13 pm »

Darrin's was 2 minutes before mine.  heh.

And...ANY Marilyn Manson fan knows that all the guys in the band all have first names of models/actresses and last names of Serial Killers...that one was EASY PEASY.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2010, 07:20:50 am »

Darrin's was 2 minutes before mine.  heh.

And...ANY Marilyn Manson fan knows that all the guys in the band all have first names of models/actresses and last names of Serial Killers...that one was EASY PEASY.   Grin

I've found that any posts within 2-5 minutes can actually be simultaneous, if he had already posted it you likely wouldn't have said the same thing without acknowledging the original post, so likely he posted right after you started creating yours in which case you were both crafting a post simultaneously.  One one of the boards I frequent for the small computer I am waiting on, there are so many members and this happens so often that the term "Ninja'd" is edited in after their post was made and they saw one or more people were faster to saying it than they were.

So if you were on that board you would have edited and posted "Ninja'd by Darrin" why they do that when we can clearly see they posted so close together I don't know, it's just one of those quirky community things. Each group tends to have their own way of doing things.

Anyway, I didn't know that about Marilyn Manson, I just saw something that had the band name and Monroe Charles just jumped into my head as a good clue. You should have guessed it though, but I understand why you left it for the others. I suppose if I saw a list like this somewhere else and "Windy City the Band" was the clue, I probably wouldn't ruin it for those it wouldn't occur too right away. Nah, screw that, I'd show em just much more I know than they do..lol
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:23:33 am by Poem58 » Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2010, 04:43:30 pm »

OK, I waited and nothing. (hoping someone else would make some) So I'll try again.

1. Sunshine State Bus and Train Masters

2. Underage males getting a tan and surfing.

3. Dark day of prayer.

4. Creek musicians.

5. Forger of bow ammunition. (this ones a stretch, but someone might figure what I'm getting at.)

6. Tune-able Noggin

7. Freakishly long hand growths of Keratin

8. Artistic Performance viewed while sleeping.

9. Those who live in small rural settlements.

From bands to artists: (remember name sounds not spelling help sometimes)

10. Name word play, this artists name could be interpreted as "****, messenger of God."

11. Name word play, this artists name could be interpreted as " On your knees, precious gemstone"

12. Name word play, this artists name could be interpreted as " Toilet, the Marxist Revolutionary"

13. Named for a cherry(?..lol), his granddaughter served on the Enterprise.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:54:58 pm by Poem58 » Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2010, 08:12:52 am »

1. Sunshine State Bus and Train Masters
California Transit Authority
2. Underage males getting a tan and surfing.
Beach Boys
3. Dark day of prayer.
Black Sabbath
4. Creek musicians.
Little River Band?
5. Forger of bow ammunition. (this ones a stretch, but someone might figure what I'm getting at.)
Aerosmith ("Arrowsmith")
8. Artistic Performance viewed while sleeping.
Dream Theater
9. Those who live in small rural settlements.
The Village People

From bands to artists: (remember name sounds not spelling help sometimes)
10. Name word play, this artists name could be interpreted as "****, messenger of God."
Wracking my brain on this one.  All I can come up with is "Dick Prophet" but I've never heard of any musician by that name.

11. Name word play, this artists name could be interpreted as " On your knees, precious gemstone"
"Kneel" Diamond ;-)
12. Name word play, this artists name could be interpreted as " Toilet, the Marxist Revolutionary"
Actually I think he preferred "Restroom" over "Toilet" but "Jon Lenin"- John Lennon
13. Named for a cherry(?..lol), his granddaughter served on the Enterprise.
This one took a second but then I remembered Tasha Yar was played by Denise Crosby... so Bing Crosby.
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2010, 11:22:44 am »

Wow, you sailed right through those... Now for the one you missed...clue "messenger of God" is what this archangels name means, also this musicians last name. Which is kinda funny considering the name of the band he once was in.

Wracking my brain on this one.  All I can come up with is "Dick Prophet" but I've never heard of any musician by that name.

Also, since I'm sure you will get it now, you wanna make some or shall I? If I, then do you wish tougher ones?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:26:48 am by Poem58 » Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2010, 11:28:16 am »

Wow, you sailed right through those... Now for the one you missed...clue "messenger of God" is what this archangels name means, also this musicians last name. Which is kinda funny considering the name of the band he once was in.

Also, since I'm sure you will get it now, you wanna make some or shall I go again? If I, then do you wish tougher ones? I admit, it's fun to come up with these as lon as someone tries to guess, it gets hard after awhile to think them up though.
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2010, 12:30:02 pm »

Also, since I'm sure you will get it now, you wanna make some or shall I? If I, then do you wish tougher ones?

Peter Gabriel... I like Dick Prophet better... Maybe that will be my stage name or nom de plume if I ever get published...  I was leaning towards Tatsuro Watanabe as my stage name (despite not being or even resembling anyone remotely Japanese) but I really like Dick Prophet.
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2010, 02:02:16 am »

AWW, thanks for leaving me LUCKY #7...would that be Nine Inch Nails??  And...I'm workin' on #6...Tune-able Noggin...OH, DUH...RADIOHEAD!!

Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2010, 09:14:05 am »

Oh, crap, I totally missed that he skipped those 2...good job Kath!

I am surprised he didn't do the two you got, seemed like those were pretty easy right?

So if I make up some more, want me to make them a bit harder then?
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2010, 09:46:29 pm »

Okay y'all...

I thought I'd see if I can stump anybody;  doubtful, but ya never know, right?  I think they're pretty easy...but found those last night, well, actually this morning, and I thought of a few...

--Servers

--Marks the spot for an afternoon drink near the ocean

--Bathroom Money

--Lacking reasonable foresight of a circus performer gang

--Handsome Childish Maneaters

--Drumming Organization

--Cement Towhead

--Small Acheivement

--No moss is held on these

--John, Robert, & Ted

--Yapping Craniums

--Cunning and related rocks