"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 20, 2024, 04:03:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Best/Favorite uses of music in movies

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/Favorite uses of music in movies  (Read 1596 times)
KATH

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:10 pm »

Okay, I'm not a Tom Hanks fan.  I LOVED HIM in "Bosom Buddies".  I don't know why but I just don't care for him that much, sorry.  Don't even try!! ...I've seen "SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE" AND "YOU'VE GOT MAIL"  and that's about it...LOVE MEG RYAN...and he's actually tolerable with HER.  However, *DUCKS* I've never seen 'FORREST GUMP'...sue me.  THE SOUNDTRACK, however, is AWESOME!!

Next...because it was mentioned on DB's board (in a roundabout way), another one that is EXCELLENT (and a great representation of the times--not just the year, but the era, and the changes that are in the wind...) is "AMERICAN GRAFFITI"--one of my favorites!! (and a TON of people got a big break in that movie...there's tons of people in that movie that were virtually UNKNOWN until that movie came out.) 

And...@ PEGS: Sorry, better late than NEVER:  Kiss

I like "HELP!" WAYYY BETTER THAN "A HARD DAY'S NIGHT"!!  I love that movie...LOL!! And, the soundtrack to "Help!" has what very few Beatles songs that I can still hear without my ears bleeding.  LOL!!  AND--omg...I LOVED THEIR HOUSE!  Cool  I loved the "spy movie" incidental music...HOWEVAH--my VERY, VERY, VERYVERYVERY favorite Beatles song is on "A HARD DAY'S NIGHT"--"I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER."   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum