"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 17, 2024, 11:11:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

ROGER WATERS--THE WALL--Live

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ROGER WATERS--THE WALL--Live  (Read 711 times)
KATH

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2010, 11:30:16 am »

HELL. YEAH.   Cool

At the Palace Of Auburn Hills; Tonight at "8 PROMPTLY"...no really--that's what it says on the ticket--Roger Waters will be doing THE WALL.  LIVE.  For Me and 17,250 of my fellow Rockdogs...It's worth the wait on a birthday present that I got in June!! 

2ND level, straight back from the stage...2nd row, aisle seats.  The best $78.00 each can buy at the time we got 'em...

Grin Stoner Smiley says PASS THE BINOCULARS and Don't spill my beer, bitches.  I am NOT the designated driver this evening...since driving with me at night now is kind of a cross between Mr. Magoo and Space Mountain...It even scares ME.  Shocked Definitely an E-TICKET kinda ride.  heh.  so...I'M THE DESIGNATED DRINKER.  I'll only be able to afford ONE.  (last time I bought one at this venue it was 7.50.  YEAH.  FOR ONE.  I can buy a six of a decent beer for that...well sorta decent, anyway.  This'll be bud light.  Equally decent.)

I'll let y'all know how it was.
PEACE--Kath

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Saxman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:39:18 am »

So how was it, Kath?  I was not a huge fan of PF post-The Wall.  I think they were best with Waters AND Wright on board.
Report Spam   Logged
KATH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:30:05 pm »

Oh yeah, I said I'd tell ya...sorry! It's the week before Elections, so I'm busy with that, and a friend's 21 year old daughter was just moved into hospice, blah, blah...

Okay...I LOVED IT.  But THE WALL, DSOTM & MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON are my 1,2,3 favorites.  And I LOVE THE MOVIE.  It's the DARK SCARY SIDE of rock and roll...it's Bob Geldoff, trashing hotel rooms  and shaving off his eyebrows...but the story of "Pink" and his issues...and the reasons...and the music.  I love it. 

The seats were good...even though it was "row 2" NO ONE IN FRONT OF US--EXCEPT THE CAMERA CREW (who were shooting with 3 stationary cameras, so they weren't all over--and of course, I asked 'em...they're doing a set--and they're using footage from the entire tour, scheduled to be out NEXT year around this time...AND THIS WASN'T A  garden variety PALACE GRUNT.  THIS DUDE WAS their crew...AND yeah, I can tell the difference.),  The crashing plane, (which was WAYYY BETTER than the other two times I've seen 'em!  LOUD AND AWESOME PYROTECHNICS) the flying pig (BLACK with lots of graffiti), and all the amazing animation, was shown on THE WALL, which was partially built at the beginning, and would be "built" during the course of the show--plus some new footage here and there were thrown in.  It was LOUD...and FROM THE UPPER LEVEL IN THE BACK...and to their sound guy...BRAVO!  IT WAS C-R-I-S-P.  Waters sounded amazing...you could hear and understand every word!  And even the crew who were "building the wall", throughout the show, which I thought may be distracting, wasn't.  I'll tellya what, though, IT WAS COOL AS HELL WHEN IT BLEW UP/FELL.   

I was kinda bummed that David Gilmour wasn't with him...it's been rumored that he's been showin' up for shows...but I think it was just the UK leg of the tour...THAT WOULD'VE BEEN COOL. 

And, right where you'd expect--AT THE END OF CD 1--there was a 15-minute intermission. 

So--I loved it.  The sound was amazing, we had a great vantage point (if the cameras were IN FRONT OF US...I'd say I was correct...heh.), it was loud, it was great, and I was "comfortably numb" for the show...CHEERS!  I guess there ARE advantages of being Ms. Magoo.  LOL!!) I really hope they actually do release this.  I have the one he did Live in Berlin--with all the parts sang by people...remember?--so, that would be cool if they do.   A well-worth-the-wait birthday present!!  Cool

PEACE--Kath
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:13:35 am »

I really hope they actually do release this.  I have the one he did Live in Berlin--with all the parts sang by people...remember?

I do!  A friend of mine in high school had that on cassette and we'd listen to that and the original version quite a bit.  I of course preferred the original but there were bits of the Berlin version that stuck with me... in particular, Sinead O'Connor singing Mother (admit it, there's something both powerful and amusing about hearing her sing, "Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?").  I believe Cyndi Lauper also sang a song but I forget what song she sang.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum