"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
April 19, 2024, 08:13:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Misheard Lyrics-- accidentally and accidentally on purpose

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Misheard Lyrics-- accidentally and accidentally on purpose  (Read 2201 times)
Pegs

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:39:30 pm »

"Eat Me, I'm A Danish" was a popular parody in Chicago when Johnny B. still did mornings on WLUP. From that, when people would call the station/him, the first words out were always "Hey, Johnny - EAT ME!".

I read years ago that Hendrix put out the bogus info on the misheard lyric, that it really was 'Scuse me while I kiss this guy, & he put out the story to screw with peoples' heads (and for a laugh).  So, take your pick which is correct. Smiley

Since reading it in a Dave Barry column years ago, every time I hear "Jet Airliner" on the radio, I sing "Ohwhoaoh, Big Ol' Jed Had A Light On". It never sounded like that to me, but hearing it shortly after reading that, maybe/kinda/sort. Maybe not, but it's stuck in my head.

As is....Back in 1970, my sister was loaded one night & the utterly dreadful song "Patches" came on the radio, & she started singing along. She did ok until the lines "Every morning 'fore I went to school - I fed the chickens & I chopped wood, too."  She came out with "Every moning 'fore I went to school - I chopped the chickens & I felt the mules." Whether that was deliberate or chemically induced, I'll never know, but it's stuck in my head (and cracks me up when I think of it).

A personal tongue trip is from my Pizza Hut days. The salad consisted of lettuce, red cabbage & carrots. One day, I was talking too fast & it came out "red cabbots & carriage". Once. One time. 30 years later, I still have to slow down & deliberately pronounce the words.

However, I CAN say "Unique New York" 3 times fast. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Life is too serious to be taken seriously.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum