"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello
Dancing About Architecture
March 28, 2024, 04:56:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Heat of the Moment

Poll
Question: Which version of "Heat of the Moment" do you prefer?
Heat of the Moment (original studio version with John Wetton on vocals)(http://www.box.net/shared/647ivpyqvs) - 3 (75%)
Heat of the Moment (90s studio version with John Payne on vocals)(http://www.box.net/shared/1cc869e07i) - 0 (0%)
Heat of the Moment (Live in 1983 with Greg Lake on vocals) (http://www.box.net/shared/txop0ir2an) - 0 (0%)
Heat of the Moment (Steve Hackett live acoustic version with John Wetton on vocals)(http://www.box.net/shared/n8aol9o137) - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heat of the Moment  (Read 2514 times)
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:51:56 pm »

Which version of Heat of the Moment do you prefer?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CelticGal

Banjos, bon gos, bagpipes, brass - I like them all

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:51:29 pm »

You know me, I usually like original versions best!
Report Spam   Logged

Becky
"If you get confused, listen to the music play."  - Robert Hunter
Charlie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:46:21 pm »

You know me, I usually like original versions best!

I agree on this song.
Report Spam   Logged
drewzepmeister

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:58:09 pm »

Easily the original...Though I do have the version with Greg Lake on a bootleg, it's not bad either
Report Spam   Logged
Poem58
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:38:05 am »

Original, although if the Greg Lake one would have been a studio version he might have sounded better, was the second option studio as well? it sounded that way to me.
I must say though that the last option acoustic was different, not better than the original but different, and that can be good too. Sometimes I have a hard time with comparing Studio to live to acoustic. Studio usually beats live for me, but the acoustic can beat studio if done right. In this case of these 4 options, my vote went to original studio version.
Acoustic get's second place vote (So I guess it's safe to say that vocalist is preferred  Grin )
Report Spam   Logged
Perplexio
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:14:58 am »

Original, although if the Greg Lake one would have been a studio version he might have sounded better, was the second option studio as well? it sounded that way to me.
I must say though that the last option acoustic was different, not better than the original but different, and that can be good too. Sometimes I have a hard time with comparing Studio to live to acoustic. Studio usually beats live for me, but the acoustic can beat studio if done right. In this case of these 4 options, my vote went to original studio version.
Acoustic get's second place vote (So I guess it's safe to say that vocalist is preferred  Grin )

The 90s version was a studio version.  Sometime around 96 or 97 Geoff Downes decided to re-record some of the band's earlier hits with his 90s line-up of the band (of which he was the only remaining original member).  So there was a different drummer, guitarist, and vocalist (John Payne).  The material with Payne was more progressive and less pop oriented.  Payne has a good voice and I really like some of the original material Asia recorded when Payne was their lead singer but I'm not a fan of Payne singing the old John Wetton material. 

Asia's best album was their debut.  imho their best album with John Payne was 2001's Aura.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum